Friday, December 14, 2007

Dark Tales

This appeared in Star today. Thanks, Argus, for pointing it out! And thanks Daphne, for highlighting this book even though I know it's so NOT your thing :)

A funny thing happened the other day when I met Daphne for the first time. We were at Delish after a LitBlogger's meet and she came up to me and said, "I don't believe I've met you. I'm Daphne." I said, "I'm _____". And she was stymied: "YOU are _______? I've been editing you for years! You write for Star and Galaxie, don't you?"
Thank goodness she was gracious enough not to say "By the way, you were horrible to edit and I used to get nightmares whenever I get your copy."
See what a small world this is?






Compiled by DAPHNE LEE

Dark City 2 Compiled by: Xeus Publisher: Midnight Press, 341 pages

DARK City’s second instalment compiles the work of 15 authors, including Tunku Halim, Lydia Teh, Ted Mahsun, Georgette Tan and Xeus, who was solely responsible for the first Dark City collection. Comprising 17 short stories, this Malaysian publication aims to send shivers up your spine, keep you guessing and leave you begging for more. Who knows, there may even be a Dark City 3!

6 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

Daphne's great in person, I can attest to that. Very feisty lady, which reminds me of quite a few feisty lady writers I know, hehe.

Look for common ground, dear... both you and Daphne would probably have many notes to exchange on young adult books, for example. :)

Artemis Hunt said...

Kenny, great minds must think alike because we've already exchanged notes long ago :) on email, before we ever met.

Daphne's constructive criticism is why I'm rewriting my children's book for the third time!

Tunku Halim said...

Hey X, when are you planning to do XXX, I mean DC3?

Artemis Hunt said...

Only if DC2 can sell, TH! No point putting out a book if no one wants to read it :)

harry but. said...

Xues. where can i find a copy of one of your books?

harry but. said...

to be more specific....a copy of "dark city"