Friday, September 08, 2006

MPH Mid Valley Sunday 10th Sept 3.00 pm


I have yet another book talk tomorrow (Thanks Ted for highlighting it!) and someone was saying to me the other day, "You should be used to it by now."

Actually, you never really get used to it. There's always this familiar fluttery feeling in the pit of your stomach that goes:

1. I'll really really be embarrassed.
2. No one's gonna show up except my friends and I'll really really be doubly embarrassed.

Anyway - to anyone who's reading this, please please do come tomorrow so that I don't have to stand there looking like a rained out pink flamingo (okay, I might wear blue). I promise to make it worth your while. Also I solemnly promise to return the favour by attending your book launches/talks when your first/second/third book is published.

Got my copy of Klue yesterday and yes! There's a nice pic they took of me in my home looking all Matrix-like in sunglasses and the book covering the lower half of my face. Will scan it later when my husband finally teaches me to use the scanner. (I found out only yesterday we have 2 scanners in the house. TWO! And I don't even know how to use them!)

Oh, and my Malay translator was complaining to my publisher that he doesn't know how to translate the naughty bits of Psychotic. He found the rest OK. What should he do? My publisher asked him to leave out those parts. Tee hee.

9 comments:

Argus Lou said...

"Lelaki busuk tu mengarah saya menanggalkan seluar ..." Ha ha, I'd better keep my non-existent day job; don't think I can be a Malay translator.

Artemis Hunt said...

At least it's not "Lelaki gatal itu mengarahkan saya menanggal seluar busuk...." :)

Andrew McAllister said...

It would be a LOOONNNGGGG commute from where I live to your book talk, but good luck! :o)

Andrew
To Love, Honor and Dismay

Artemis Hunt said...

Thanks Andrew, it's the thought that counts. Next time there'll be virtual e-readings!

Anonymous said...

Hi Xeus...." Aku gementar....Hatiku seolah-olah akan meloncat dari tekak ke tanah bila si bangsat itu mengarah aku ," Tanggal, tidur and teriak!" Errr....boleh pass ah?

Hi Argus....shall reply you here. Yes, I can be a sweet and kind mom when my kids are sweet and kind to the mom....hehehe. All mothers, betul?

My son is 7 plus, quite good looking ( ahem, like the mother lah) but cheeky like a monkey (like the father lor...)

Xeus, we had such great time, we should do it more often. Yes, Lydia, Ted? Thanks for driving us to Payless!

Good luck with your children's book!

Lydia Teh said...

Xeus, You did a great job! You were relaxed yet enthusiastic. Did you see the passers by who stopped to listen to you? Anyway, I enjoyed the afternoon out with you and Yvonne.

Artemis Hunt said...

Yvonne and Lydia, what would I do without you guys? :) We should do it again. This time we visit Lydia, yes? She take us to eat Klang bak kut teh.

Lydia Teh said...

Klang bah-kut-teh - can can, best in the world one.

Argus Lou said...

Please, guys, make it in December - when I come back to Malaysia. Then I must meet all of you and stuff our faces as we chat and ketchup.

Thor Kah Hoong and wife Cindy took me & partner to a row of shophouses in Kuchai Lama where they have the best pork thingies with crispy skin and lip-smacking savoury sauce. Er, excuse moi, gotta get a napkin for the drool...